Golf Course Superintendent
Dunwoody Country Club
Course Operation: Dunwoody Country Club is looking for a Golf Course Superintendent with strong agronomic experience and a successful track record of managing high quality golf course operations. Superintendent will be self-driven, energetic, communicative, team leader with an eye for detail and passion for creating premier course conditions.
Dunwoody Country Club was founded in 1969 and is a private, member-owned, full service club located in Dunwoody, Georgia. Club facilities include an 18-hole championship golf course with full practice facility, 14 outdoor tennis courts, pool complex with snack bar, separate tennis clubhouse with banquet facility, Ballroom (seating up to 400), Private Wing (seating 20, 30, and 50), Mixed Grill (seating 140), Men’s Lounge, Halfway House and State of the Art Wellness Center. Gross revenues of $11 million.
View Dunwoody’s Club website at www.dunwoodycc.org
- 200 Acre Property
- 18 Hole Course with Full Practice Facility
- Course Rating 75/Slope 142
- Architect: Willard Byrd
- 2013 – Course Renovation – Architect: Bill Bergin
- Greens – Mini Verde Bermuda
- Fairways/Roughs – 419 Bermuda
- Average Annual Rounds – 26,000
- Maintenance Budget $1.8M
- Staff: 2 Assistants, Chief Mechanic, Assistant Mechanic, Landscape Manager, Administration Assistant, Irrigation Technician, 11 Full Time Equipment Operators,
6 Seasonal Laborers
- Grounds Committee Meets Quarterly
- Course Closed Mondays with Limit of 13 Monday Outings.
- Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) will be entrusted with the maintenance, operations and management of the golf course, clubhouse grounds, tennis grounds and equipment procurement and maintenance
- GCS will report directly to the Club’s Chief Operating Officer/General Manager
- GCS will manage his/her team to ensure top quality golfing conditions throughout the year and exceed member course condition expectations
- Ideal candidate will be a Superintendent with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a course known for outstanding golf course conditions
- Ideal candidate will have a degree in Turf Management or related field of study, GCSAA Certification is preferred, prior experience with ultra dwarf greens preferred but not required
Salary: Compensation package includes attractive base salary, annual performance bonus, full medical and dental benefits, 401k program, deferred compensation plan, club allowance, auto allowance and full GCSAA benefits.
Send Resume To: Jon D. Knobbe, CCM, COO/GM, Dunwoody Country Club, 1600 Dunwoody Club Dr., Atlanta, GA 30350; firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail).
Date Position Is Available: Immediately.
Date Announcement was Posted: August 5, 2019.
Back to Top